Sunday, October 28, 2007

What Do You Do All Day?

Most of my close friends are retired. Two of my Power Rangers are still at it, one is a professor at the university, another is a V.P. for a national group of professionals.

I don't know how they do it. I no longer have that kind of stamina.

Some of my working friends, mostly men, still say occasionally "How can you stand not working? What do you do all day?"

This weekend we were invited at sorta the last minute to go to dinner and see a play with close friends. What a nice evening!

Saturday morning we met my Fake Parents, as usual, at 7:45 A.M. for breakfast at a picturesque little restaurant on my favorite street of all the streets in the world. Afterwards we took our two mile walk by running errands in this beautiful little village.

This morning I taught a class, then attended church service, then lunch on with friends, then two laps around the lake.

Most every day involves two hours of reading, two hours on the computer, one hour exercising and one hour playing cribbage.

I still do the work I love. I just don't do it as often or for money so it's not stressful. It's a blessing.

Oh, and the lady who comes in to clean my house every week: That would be me.

Oh, and the person who oversees my finances: That would be me.

When somebody needs me I feel so good when I'm available and able to help out.

But sometimes I just sit and look out the window.

Life these days is more about BEING than DOING and I'm grateful.