Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Interruptions

I'm a buttoned down person. I don't like to hurry so I'm usually ready well ahead of time for whatever is coming up.

But we know that life is full of interruptions.

Experts will tell us that the trick is to keep our priorities straight. But the thing is, the priorities can change in an instant.

You can be on the most important work project imaginable but when the babysitter calls saying your child has a high fever everything changes.

Of course the trick is to have ultimate priorities.

There's a story about Jesus when he's on his way to heal a little girl and gets stopped by a woman who asks to be healed.

He had to interrupt a healing for a healing.

In the 70s I had a surprise pregnancy that seriously interrupted my plans. Turned out to be one of the four or so best things that ever happened to me.

My Boyfriend and I have really cool plans for this weekend including seeing old friends and a special party.

My daughter in another city is having a baby any day now. If the baby comes this weekend and I hop on a plane - it will be one of the best interruptions of all.