Monday, October 15, 2007

Ocean Views

Last week my Boyfriend and I went to our favorite beach for a couple of days. I love to swim in the ocean. October is the best month because the water is warm - and there are no crowds.

We had lunch at the fish camp. This place is full of characters. It's a step back in time. I had my very first glass of beer. It just seemed like the thing to do. No, I couldn't finish it.

Also had half a dozen steamed oysters. The fish camp brings them to the picnic table in the shell along with a sharp knife. I gave up eating raw oysters a few years back - but I love them.

That night we dressed for dinner then walked barefoot up the beach to another favorite restaurant. It's up on stilts and while it's definitely for grown ups there's a fenced in place on the beach with lots of play equipment so parents can relax and still keep an eye on their children.

We spent the days body surfing. The east coast has the great waves. The gulf coast is quiet. The waves flipped each of us several times. We laughed and played like children.

Now, several days later, our bodies are still hurting. But it was worth it.