Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Love Letter

I've been accused of not being very lovey dovey. I don't want any flowers or presents. Anniversaries don't mean much to me. In fact, I usually have to be reminded. And, please, no surprises!

But I feel totally lovey dovey and wild about my Fake Parents. As you may remember, they eat in restaurants 3 times a day. If I'm meeting them I get all gooey when I see them walking across the street holding hands.

But he's not feeling well so they've been stuck in their (big, beautiful, high rise) condo for a couple of days.


Yesterday my Boyfriend and I stopped by with dinner. We thought they'd be in bed (when he lies down so does she) but when we arrived they both looked like they'd stepped out of a band box.

Even though he was in serious pain, we had a fun visit and laughed a lot. Just what I needed. I never, ever feel like I'm doing something for them when we're together.

They always brighten my day. They always make me feel gooey.

Have I mentioned that they've been married for 64 years?