Saturday, October 3, 2009

My New TV

I bought a new television set. It's big.

OK, here's the reason. My 25 year old TV in the bedroom wasn't doing it for me anymore. In fact, I haven't turned it on in four months. So I gave it away.

Then I researched TVs. The guy at Best Buy seemed bemused by my typed notes that were revised each of the three times I visited him. I said:

Doesn't everybody come in with research and notes?

No.

Well, they should.

So, yesterday morning the Geek Squad arrived, moved my TV that's only ten years old to the bedroom and installed my brand new Sony Bravia LCD 40 incher in the living room.

Woo Hoo.

Do you believe in coincidences?

Last night I came home from dinner with friends and turned on my new TV. It was frozen. Then I turned on my old TV. It was frozen. Oh, oh, the Geeks must have messed up something.

But this morning the sets worked fine and I read in the paper that my cable company had a glitch last night and all of the TVs in the area were frozen.


So it was a coincidence.

However, as I'm writing this I still haven't found anything that interests me on my big new TV. Maybe Dave will find something when he arrives.

Maybe golf.





***