Wednesday, October 14, 2009

More About Cupcakes







A couple of postings back I wrote about "Cupcakism," our new foolish foray into consumer craziness.

That is to say, taking some common, inexpensive item and turning into something elite and way, way overpriced.


Yes, like coffee.

I heard from many of you. Some of you didn't believe me.


A couple of you reminded me that you caught the wave early when you paid for your kids to have hugely expensive wedding cakes made by smushing together hugely expensive cupcakes.

Now this morning's paper has an article by business columnist, and super intelligent, beautiful wife and mother, Beth Kassah. (I know this because she's a member of my church.)


She writes about Neiman Marcus' new Christmas Gift Catalogue. She's kind of lamenting that they've cut back on the over the top extravagance -like the thoroughbred racing stable in Kentucky for ten million dollars.

But they are offering the cute cupcake car pictured above for only twenty-five thousand.
As Beth says, "Who doesn't need a cupcake car?"









***