Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Frustrating Doctor's Visit

I went for my annual check up yesterday. No big whoop!

But I've been having some headaches. This is no big whoop because I have a long history of sinus problems. By the way, sinus problems are the number one reason patients visit their doctors.

My doctor is something else! Always a little frustrating to be in her office but she's an excellent diagnostician and takes me seriously - sometimes too seriously.

Here's exactly what I told the nurse prior to seeing the doctor.

I've been having headaches for a few weeks. They're in my face and ear. I have a history of sinus issues.

Later the doctor sweeps in and says: "I'm sending you to get an MRI of your brain."

I laughed. I thought she was kidding. She wasn't. We finally compromised on a CAT scan of my sinuses - and brain.

So I still have the headaches until further information comes in.

What's her problem? Hasn't she ever seen "Kindergarten Cop?"

It's not a tumor!





***