Saturday, October 3, 2009

Finding My Oldies

Yesterday I did my two-mile-fast-walk on Park Avenue. My very favorite street. As I walked I thought about my Oldies.

They're having a bit of a hard time. I try to drop by their condo more often. By the way, their condo is big and beautiful but bursting at the seams with stuff.

So I stopped by to see them but they weren't home. So I walked to the three restaurants they frequent the most. Not there.

I was feeling sad.

Next I walked to my church where one of the groups was having a big rummage sale.

There were my Oldies! Happy as could be. Buying stuff. He had his arms full. When I met them for breakfast this morning he was carrying his new briefcase that he bought for two dollars.

By the way. I spent six dollars myself at the rummage sale. I bought two Barbie dolls for fifty cents each and a small lamp that I LOVE for five dollars. Couldn't wait to get it home but was afraid that it couldn't possibly work at that price.

But it did! It is beautiful. I've looked at it more than my new TV.

Mr. Oldie was upset with me at the rummage sale because he wanted it too. But I found it first.


***