Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday Morning Time Warp

This morning I went to Panera's in Winter Park, Florida as I do every Saturday morning. Only it's been 14 weeks since I left for Minnesota for the summer.

My Oldies were happy to see me. I was happy to see them. They've been through so much this summer but they seemed about the same to me as they did in May.

Where have you been? They asked several times even though I wrote them and called them all summer.

Where is ....that man? they asked several times. Each time I explained that he'd be here soon. Luckily they like Dave.

I told them we are getting married. They were both very surprised and happy. Even though I've told them many times before.

Not only were they pretty much the same - but the other Panera's regulars were in their places.

The Comic Driving School Instructor came by. There is no conversation with him. We say hi and he does ten minutes of stand up.

The middle aged sisters sat at their usual table. They still look alike.

The six or seven old men who commander the the big cushy chairs and discuss the problems of the world and how they would solve them were all there doing their jobs.

After breakfast I walked to the Farmer's Market and had several conversations along the way.

The Popcorn Lady was happy to see me. I was happy to see her.

It was a comforting morning.


***