Monday, September 21, 2009

Coping Capacities

Yesterday's sermon was about learning to be content.

My minister talked about the Apostle Paul who famously said, "I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am."

That's saying a lot because he was in a pickle a good bit of the time.

My minister also quoted Victor Frankel who came to some amazing conclusions when he was a prisoner in a concentration camp in World War II.

What he basically came to was that other people couldn't change who he was - no matter what they did to him.

I believe this as well - but I don't always feel it. Sometimes I feel like "This person's driving me crazy."


Back in the years when I was writing poetry, (and this is probably no surprise to you) I wrote one about this very subject.



HELP STOP CRIME
by Cecily Crossman - 1972


I accused you of a felony,
I thought you broke my heart,
And ruined my life.
But,
After thoroughly investigating the crime,
I will concede,
It could have been an inside job.




***