Saturday, September 3, 2011

Don't Mess With the Ewok

I was never much of a Star Wars fan.  But I have several super smart friends who are fans and my children were fans for years and my younger grandsons are big fans, mostly due to their father instilling the Luke Skywalker love in them from the time they were babies.

I just heard a man speak a few days ago who said the first 20 years of his life he wanted to be Luke Skywalker.  That's not uncommon.  The Star Wars phenomenon knows no bounds.

Now I see that George Lucus is in big trouble!  It seems he's made a couple of "minor" changes in the nine-disc Blu-ray "Star Wars: The complete Saga" - coming out this month.


He's made Darth Vader all touchy-feely be having him yell "Nooo!" when the Emperor is trying to kill Luke in "Return of the Jedi."


And - get this - due to computer-generated special effects, he's made the Ewoks blink.


George, is nothing sacred to you?  Here's what your fans are up in arms about:  You don't mess with perfection.


 ***