Friday, September 9, 2011

I've Been Vindicated

Last week my little 2000 Camry went kaflooy in the middle of the highway.  Very sad.  Had it towed to my mechanic who, after looking it over for five days, gave me a repair estimate totaling a couple thousand dollars.  I said "OK, fix it."

When Dave heard what I'd done he was skeptical.  I told my son and he was skeptical.

But the car has at least one hundred thousand miles left on it.  It's old but it looks good and has and has character  - like me.  '

This morning I had my old friend and handyman, Mario, come over to look at my busted 27 year old refrigerator.  He's from Cuba and very wise.  He fixed it right up.  And he agreed that fixing the car and fixing the fridge is the right thing to do.

He told me that his 94 year old mother is still using her 35 year old bonnet hair dryer. 

She's my kind of woman!


***