Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'm Clark Smart



Dave knows that I have little crushes on some other men.  He's OK with it.  One of my favorite radio guys is Clark Howard.  His show is syndicated out of Atlanta.  He's also on HLN TV.  I'm a proud student of the school of Clark-o-nomics

Clark's a consumer advocate.  He wants us to "Save more, spend less and avoid getting ripped off."  Also, after listening to him for years, I know he's a really nice guy who does wonderful work for all kinds of folks who need help.   He flies all over the world but has never checked a bag.  He eats lots of fast food.  He builds houses for Habitat for Humanity.

He says he's cheap.  But I like to think he's more like me and Dave.  Frugal but generous.

Today, when we went for our regular Saturday morning walk on Park Avenue in Winter Park, who do you think was there?  Clark Howard!  Wow.  It was "Clark in the Park" day.  He was doing his show from the band stand. 

We talked.  I was thrilled.

Check him out.  You'll spend less, save more and avoid getting ripped off.


***