Monday, April 4, 2011

LIMITLESS - The Movie

A friend wrote me today to tell me he was surprised that I wasn't offended by the R rated  movie "Paul" with its bad language and pot smoking.

But on the same day we saw "Paul" we also saw the PG-13 rated movie "Limitless."  It offended me.

Actually I liked what I saw of it.  Bradley Cooper plays an out of ideas writer who takes a designer drug that makes him a super brainiac.  He's then able to use 100% of his brain all the time.

A very cool concept.  He cleans up, looks great in his expensive clothes and, with his big brain, becomes super successful.

But there are side serious effects.  One is the rapid escalation of greed.  Another is blackouts during which he may or may not have committed murder.  And he does end up killing some bad guys.  Oh, and he puts his innocent girlfriend in serious jeopardy.  But I was still enjoying this exciting movie and wondering how Robert De Niro was going to scare him straight.

But then - SPOILER ALERT - the movie ends. 

There are no repercussions for the havoc he's raised.  I found that morally reprehensible and extremely offensive.

I hope Charlie Sheen doesn't see this movie.


***