Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Rituals






We here in central Florida are proud of our hometown syndicated cartoonists, Ralph Dunagin and Dana Summers.


As you know, I'm amazed at political cartoonists who make us think deeply with only a drawing.

But Dunagin and Summers also have a syndicated comic strip called the Middletons.

I can totally relate to Sunday's strip featuring Grandma Middleton. Sometimes when I'm on the couch watching the TV, I feel really drowsy. But after all the gyrations I go through to get ready for bed I'm wide awake again.

Can't believe that, when I was a young woman, I'd eat popcorn in bed - and then go to sleep.! If I did that now my teeth would fall out for sure.

In her book "I Remember Nothing," Nora Ephron says that one of the things she won't miss when she dies is taking off her makeup at night.


Oh brother, that's just the beginning.



***