Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Birthday




My good friend is going to be 70 years old soon. Sometimes, to cheer people up when they hit these alarming decade birthdays, I send them a list of celebs who're hitting the same age around the same time. They're always so great looking that it makes us feel better about ourselves.



For instance, Mary Tyler Moore was born close to my birth date but she's much older than me.


But the celebs I found that are hitting the big 7-0 around the same time as my friend are scary looking.

Of course, you recognize Nick Nolte to the left. If you look him up you'll find that most of his recent photos are similar to this one.


Then there's Dick Cheney. My friend has some health problems but at least she doesn't have a defibrillator permanently installed in her chest.

And then there's Sam Waterston. I love Sam Waterston. He played Jack McCoy on my all time favorite TV drama, "Law & Order." (Even though it's been cancelled you can still see "Law & Order" any time you want. Just turn on the TV. It will be there.)

Now Sam's doing commercials and I still like him, but - he looks really old!

So I guess I won't send my friend the usual birthday celeb photos. She looks a thousand times better than these guys.



***