Sunday, January 9, 2011

Move That Stuff

Our minister started a new series this morning called "Move That Bus" It will focus on the "stuff" we can move out of our lives to make room for God.

OK, I thought it was going to be about cleaning my the closet - but no, he started out this morning on a much deeper topic than that - as usual.

But you know how good I am about living simply. Dave too. We're constantly throwing out and giving away stuff right and left. Last week I cleaned my closet (again,) loaded up the car and drove it all to our local Goodwill Boutique. Didn't even buy anything while I was there even though they have some cool stuff.

Then last night I was getting ready for a fantastic birthday party for one of my favorite people and discovered I had no shoes. Whoops!

As you know, Dave and I try to go bagless. On Christmas morning I scored a large cloth diaper bag with my name embroidered on it. Well, it's my granddaughter's name as well. She outgrew it and I can use it, so what a great way to recycle. I now have a monogrammed shopping bag.

Even though Dr. Bob's message this morning was powerful I think, along with clearing the wrong thinking out of our heads, it's good to get rid of the tangible "stuff" we no longer need.

So this week we're cleaning the garage.