Saturday, January 9, 2010

Integrity


As I say on my profile attached to this blog, my favorite word is "Integrity." I like people who are dripping with it.


It's not just about doing the right thing. It's about doing the right thing for the right reason. It's about being congruent.


It's what I do - and it's who I am!

Right now I'm reading the book pictured here. The person who gave it to me probably doesn't think I need it - but I do.

I read just a little bit every morning (so I can soak it in) as part of my morning devotional.


About four years ago I did something that totally lacked integrity. Was it terrible? No. But it was not the right thing for me and I deeply regret it.


Why did I do it? Because I was afraid of the consequences if I didn't. The consequence would have been embarrassment. Of course, I could have lived with that.


But here's what I want - I want to be a person of integrity. I want to be dripping with it.




***