Tuesday, April 28, 2009

On the Road Again

When my kids were little we spent a few vacations at Calloway Gardens, a resort in Georgia. It's a great place. We biked the beautiful seven mile trail, picked fresh vegetables every afternoon for our evening meal and roamed the luscious gardens.



The Florida State University Flying Circus performed there all summer so the children enjoyed watching and taking classes with them. Two of the children ended up going to Florida State, but I doubt that it was because of the circus. Neither of them has ever expressed a desire to join the circus - that I know of.



The only problem with vacationing at Calloway Gardens was, after a few days, we all got sick. And I mean sick!!! The doctor finally told us she had no idea why this was happening to us and maybe we should throw in the towel.



This coming Thursday morning my boyfriend and I will head for Calloway Gardens for a few days. I want to show him what a beautiful place it is, not to mention the fantastic golf course. Then on Sunday he'll drop me off in Atlanta where I'll visit family for a few days, then fly home.



He will continue on to Minnesota.



We'll be separated for most of May. I'll be catching up on things here. He'll be catching up on things there. These separations are beginning to wear on us but we'll make the best of it.



I only hope the bug that made my family violently ill all those years ago doesn't bite us while we're at Calloway. That might take some of the romance out of this trip.





***