Friday, January 9, 2009

Woe Is Me

I thought my Christmas Head Cold was on it's way out last Sunday but then, suddenly, my head became a big fat bowling ball.

The cold morphed into a sinus infection.

This week, along with some fun stuff, I've been spending hours in hot showers, squirting salt water up my nose and blowing it once every five minutes around the clock.

Finally, as a last resort, I bought some Nighttime Cold and Sinus medicine. Here's what the directions SHOULD say:

1. Swallow two pills
2. Pass out.

Don't take this stuff if you have any obligations. Because you WILL forget to feed the baby, put down the iron, turn off tractor, etc.

Tonight we're having dinner with friends. I have to decide if I want to have a festive glass of wine or, later, take the meds. I'm sure that if I do both I'll end up in a coma. But that might be nice.

Oh well, this too, shall pass.


***