Friday, January 23, 2009

Everybody Loves BBQ

Before my boyfriend met me he didn't have much experience with finger lickin' good restaurants.

I'm proud to say that I've introduced him to:

- Cracker Barrel (home of the sausage gravy that is a solid,)

- Steak 'n Shake,

- Denny's (where you don't have to be able to read to order because the menu has pictures of all the meals - AND when my boyfriend told the waitress it was his first trip to a Denny's, she didn't believe him,)

- and pretty much all of the Darden Restaurants.

We kind of have our hearts set on a KFC meal but we can't find one in our area.

Last week we ate at one of central Florida's most popular restaurants, Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar-B-Que. We had baby back ribs and used about half of the roll of paper towels on the table.

Ummm! Ummm!

Two bits of interesting BBQ information.

First, about ten years ago I read a long article titled "Famous Bubbas in the South" (where else would they be?) The only woman mentioned was the owner of Bubbalou's.

A while before that I did some consulting work for a man who owned a factory. The year before I got there the workers had been very disappointed with the Christmas party he'd provided. He was perplexed because it was a big dress up affair in a hotel.

I went out to the factory and asked each person individually what they'd like to have to eat for their next holiday party.

Every one of them said "Bar-B-Que."


***