Friday, January 9, 2009

I Don't Shop But I Love My Mall

We went walking in the mall today. It's less than five minutes from my house. Such a happy place!

But then I was sad because of so many closings. There are always some stores we know aren't going to make it - but today we saw a jewelry store that's been there forever closed up. Then Starbucks, then KB Toys. The toy store has been in my mall for as long as I can remember. The kid's play area is right outside it's door.

Even though I never buy anything in these places I'm sad that they're gone. They are an example of the scary times in which we're all living.

Yesterday I had a long talk with my older son. He's doing some belt tightening but he's also working with people in his church to help others who are really in trouble.

And this is the key to not falling apart with what's happening all around us.

Help somebody.

***