Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Wedding at Last!

Imagine my pride and happiness to see my governor's picture, along with his new bride, on page two of the Sunday Minneapolis/St. Paul Star Tribune!

Not one Floridian that I know, or know of, thought they'd actually pull it off.

There are a number of reasons for this. While our governor loves the spotlight, he's kept his marriage plans quiet.

Remember, a few short weeks ago when he thought he might be our new vice president? Some people thought the engagement was a prerequisite. After Mr. McCain picked someone else (I can't remember her name) those in the know told us that the marriage would be quietly called off. Talk show hosts offered odds on whether or not he'd tie the knot.

But they did it.

Our governor, who's been a bachelor for almost all of his 52 years has married a beautiful and wealthy young woman.

I sincerely hope they have a long and happy life together.


***