Monday, December 1, 2008

Have You Heard About This Casey Anthony Thing?

Most of us will be happy to see the new year arrive. What with the World Wide Recession and all. Not to mention fires, storms and what not.

So, what's been the #1 story of 2008? You guessed it, CASEY/CAYLEE ANTHONY.

I'll have to admit I was a bit out of the loop while I was up north all summer but upon arriving home to Florida the story hit me like a ton of bricks. Even with my ignorance, this was a national story even last summer. Now it's an intergalactic story.

Nancy Grace will soon be so rich and famous she can retire and have more twin babies.

Google rates Casey Anthony, with 7,540,000 hits, as the second most popular story. With "hurricanes" #1.

A couple of silly, short videos on You-Tube have had more than 20,000 hits.

This story is reported on hourly in my city. Even though, since the child went missing, almost nothing has happened.

I would like to explain this phenomenon to you but I don't get it. What with millions of dead and dying children across the world.

But it does have those popular ingredients. A missing baby and an attractive parent/suspect. (Think Scott Pettersen, JonBenet Ramsey, etc.)

A couple of weeks ago I rented a car from Hertz. As the young woman behind the counter and I I chatted this blog came up. All at once excited. she said,

"It's about Caylee isn't it?"


***