Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh, The Weather Outside is Frightful

Early tomorrow morning I'm flying off to see my Boyfriend in the frozen North. Yesterday the high here was 82 degrees. Yesterday the high there was 14 degrees. And snowing hard.

Will I freeze to death? We don't know. But I'm willin' to chance it.

Just as we did last year, after a few days at his house, we'll start on a rambling two week road trip South, stopping to visit friends and family. And, we'll separate for a few days while he spends Christmas with his kids and I spend Christmas with mine. Just as it should be. This will all necessitate my boarding three planes.

By the way, the airlines have changed all three of my flights since booking. I hope they're still in business when I need them.

And, just as last year, I'm taking only a carry-on. So if you see what looks like a bag lady in the airport, wearing several layers of clothing -

Say hi. It's me.


***