Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Personal Care

I've noticed that the people I do business with are being extra nice to the public in these hard times. It makes a difference.

Years ago the hospital where I did some contract work had an excellent "new hire" video. Every new person, no matter what level, had to watch the video.

It depicted a man and his dog having a little accident. It then followed them through the medical process. The man had all kinds of trouble from grumpy nurses to rude housekeepers.

The dog had an entirely different experience at the vet's office. The staff loved him and showed it. After he left they sent him a card.

The video made a great point of showing "new hires" the importance of personal care.

Last week I had a little eye irritation. I'd never have gone to my doctor with it. For one thing it would be well (or my eye would fall out) before I could get even an appointment.

I went to my favorite little clinic in my grocery store. In and out in 15 minutes.

This morning Melissa, the nurse practitioner who runs the place, called to see how my eye is doing.

I appreciated it. I'll go back.


***