Sunday, October 26, 2008

Get Out the Vote

Yesterday, after having breakfast with my oldies and their children who've come to visit, my boyfriend and I took part in a "Vote Early" walk.

It was a gloriously beautiful day. We met a few hundred other people, including some friends, at the appointed place and walked 1.1 miles in the most beautiful village in the world. We carried American flags and balloons. The police kept us safe but there was really no need because people in cars and other pedestrians were happy to see us.

Afterwards we went to the park for a Family Fall Festival Party.

Later my boyfriend said that this was the first organized walk he'd ever done.

I told him he was fortunate because this was nothing like our Walks in the 60's where the policemen had dogs to keep us in line.


***