Friday, August 30, 2013

Trader Joe's is Coming to Town

Like many other people, I like shopping at  Trader Joe's.  We here in Florida have been deprived of this experience long enough.  Trader Joe's will soon be in my neighborhood.  I can't wait for those clever fliers and helpful checkers who all look like vegans.

Trader Joe's will never replace my primary food store, Publix.  And I don't mean any Publix.  I mean my own personal Palm Springs Publix located in Altamonte Springs, Florida.  I'm capable of shopping at another super market but, like Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory, I'm not comfortable with it.

Trader Joe's is another story.  Their Charles Shaw wine (3 Buck Chuck's) is as good or better than wines costing much more.  Their special sauces are to die for.  Like curry. Yum.  And all very reasonably priced.

Like Omar Khayyam in this cartoon from The New Yorker, it's hard to stick with the basics.


***