Saturday, August 24, 2013

Celebrating New Life

Winnie Palmer Hospital Orlando, FL
On Wednesday my granddaughter gave birth to a baby boy.  I spent my day traveling back and forth from the amazing and state-of-the-art Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies - and Brio's Restaurant in Winter Park where I was attending a birthday lunch for one of my Power Rangers.  She's our oldest - and  very much full of power and wisdom.

But she's had some health issues this year so I was happy that she made the celebration.  And in another couple of days another of my Power Rangers will celebrate new life in her own family.  We, her Power Ranger friends, are fortunate to be able to participate.

So I'm spending these days celebrating life - in many of it's forms.

I know you're probably thinking that I'm way too young to be a great grandmother.  Not so. We're all old enough for our rolls.  I was 24 when I gave birth to the baby's grandfather and there are 20 plus years between each generation.

Life goes on.  Let's celebrate!


***