Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Britney's 500 Dollar Manicure

The news media is all abuzz today about Britney Spears' recently published list of expenditures.  Among them is a manicure for $500.  This seemed odd to me.  While I was walking this morning I tried to visualize a $500 manicure.  I, myself, have maybe three or four manicures a year.  They're usually $15 plus tip.  And I always tip 20 per cent.  This is kind of a spiritual issue with me, as well as the fact that women have a bad tipping reputation.

Anyway, when I got home - and with several serious items on the agenda - I decided first to research the $500 manicure.  I was wondering if maybe she had it while watching a Broadway show or if food and fine wines were involved.

Gosh, I'm so naive. As it turns out, Britney's was a bargain mani.  For instance...
Leighton Denny $32,000 manicure

On the 2012 Grammys red carpet Rihanna sported a $5,000 24-karat gold gem mani..

British beauty expert Leighton Denny can give you a diamond, sapphire and ruby mani for the bargain price of $32,000.  Apparently it's a hit with Arab princesses.

So Britney, please forgive me for thinking you were being frivolous.  I guess $500 for a manicure can be seen as reasonable after all.

I wonder what kind of tip you leave with the $32,000 kind.


***