Saturday, February 11, 2012

This Is All About You

I'm a numbers gal.  I love stats.  This blog has a statistics page.  It counts page views.  It gives me an idea of how many of you "view" various pages and where you are.  No, not your address!  Just your country. 

I am always totally blown away when I look at these stats.  For instance, it lists the ten most viewed posts.  By far the most consistently viewed posts are:

"Me and Bobby McLaughlin."  I wrote this post several years ago while I was in Stillwater, Minnesota. As a young man Bobby McLaughlin was falsely accused of murder, convicted and sent to prison.  His foster parents worked until they found the evidence to prove him innocent.  A movie was made of his life starring Brenden Fraser, with Martin Sheen playing his dad.  When I met Bobby in Stillwater it was obvious that he'd had a hard life but he was happy to tell us his story and I was honored to hear it.

"The Getty.  Last spring Dave and I went to the Getty Museum in Los Angles and I wrote about it as I do about many cool places we visit.  This posting also, consistently gets a number of hits.

For instance, this week 34 of you viewed "Me and Bobby McLaughlin" and 18 of you viewed "The Getty."

But the most astonishing stats are where you, my faithful readers, are.  Always, of course, the vast majority of you (thousands) are in the U.S.  Then the U.K. and Canada.  Makes sense.

But, for instance, this week I had 8 views in Russia (about average for Russia), 5 in Serbia and 2 in Bangladesh.

Are you kidding me?  Bangladesh? 

Also we have regular readers in India, Irland, Iran .... and those are just the "I's."

In the past month I've had 30 views in Russia and 16 in the Netherlands.  In the past two years I've had 251 views in Australia.  (Hi, Ashley.)

I started this blog in 2007 because I knew I was starting a whole new life.  I titled it "My Best Time" because it is.  This is true even though I'd already had a wildly fulfilling long life.  This is also the most fun I've ever had writing, even though I've been doing it for 50 years.

Thanks for continuing to share the adventure with me.   I know I don't make it easy to leave comments - but you can do it if you're patient.  Also you can always e-mail me.  I always answer.


***