Friday, February 10, 2012

Brown Spots

Both my brother and I have olive complexions like our dad.  My brother still has beautiful skin but my dad, who was a handsome man, developed serious brown spots on his face when he got old.  And now, me too! 

Sometimes when I get up in the morning and pull a tee shirt over my head, my dad's face pops out the top.  Yikes!

A few weeks ago, while Dave and I were having breakfast on Park Avenue, I was thinking about how I might need to do something like dab bleach on my cheeks.  Then we started our walk and I saw one of those Signs From God. 

On the sidewalk, in front of the Origins shop, was a big sign that read "Brown Spots."  I think it's out there every Saturday but, like a person who's hit bottom in other areas of life, I thought it was there for me. 

We went in and a nice young man in a turtle neck showed us just what he thought I needed.  I wasn't sure but Dave insisted on buying the stuff for me - about eighty bucks worth. 

We bought the high potency brightening peel pad with fruit acids and the Mega-Bright skin tone correction serum.  I've faithfully used about half the pads and half the serum so far.

And I can't see a nickels worth of difference!  Much less eighty dollars worth.  But I still have hopes - and I promise not to try the bleach - for a while anyway.


***