Saturday, November 26, 2011

I've Got the Sun in the Morning and the Moon at Night

Did you have a good Thanksgiving day?  It seems like even those folks who like to complain a lot can crank up some good thoughts on Thanksgiving.  Even George Will wrote a kind of light hearted (for him) column on Thursday.  He even told a joke about the economy in Europe.

A Spaniard, an Italian and a Greek go into a bar.  They drink until dawn.  Who pays the tab?  A German.

Hahahahahaha, George.  You crazy guy.

Yes, we do live in trying times but now is the season for us to be filled with love and try not to be scared out of our wits. Just don't buy stuff you can't afford.  I'm trying to let folks know how much I love them in other ways.

Don't look at your 401K.  Instead take Irving Berlin's advice and do this:

Taking stock of what I have
and what I haven't
What do I find?

The things I've got will keep me satisfied.

Got no diamonds
Got no pearl
Still I think I'm a lucky girl
I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night. 

Got no mansion
Got no yacht
Still I'm happy with what I've got
I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night.

And with the sun in the morning and the moon in the evening
I'm alright.


***