Sunday, November 6, 2011

Can Mark Harmon Pull It Off?

I'm a huge fan of the John Sanford "Prey" books.  Dave got me started a few years ago and now I think I've read all of them. They're detective stories.  The protagonist is Lucas Davenport.  He's a smart, great looking, independently wealthy, snappy dressing leader of Minnesota's Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA.) 

He's also a loner who "takes no prisoners."  He's a sort of Dirty Harry in a thousand dollar suit.

I'm also a big fan of Mark Harmon who plays Leroy Jethro Gibbs on NCIS.  Harmon's bringing Sanford's "Certain Prey" to television tonight on the USA Channel. 

I hope he can pull it off.  Thousands of us have Lucas Davenport fixed in our minds in a certain way.  Harmon, in real life, is 60 years old. 

I hope he's able to pull off a hot 40 something detective with a hot surgeon wife named Weather to my satisfaction. 

I'll be watching.


***