Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Pope on Twitter

We're home in Florida after a 1,900 mile drive in Dave's Camry.  The last couple of days I've been entertaining him by sharing articles in The New Yorker.  As you know, it's my favorite magazine. 

This week's "Shouts and Murmurs," by frequent contributor, Paul Rudnick, is very funny.  As you know, the Pope tweeted for the first time a while back.  Since most folks on Twitter tweet about their inner most silly thoughts, Rudnick lets us know what he thinks the Pope has been tweeting.  I hope my Catholic friends will forgive me but here are a couple: 

Sometimes, when I'm all alone, I like to put on my cassock and spin around really fast and pretend I'm a tepee.

If people ask, "Why does God allow war and evil?"  I ask, "Why do the high-school students on 'Glee' look forty?"

If someone questions papal infallibility, I reply, "I know one thing for sure:you shouldn't be wearing horizontal stripes."

I met the Dalai Lama and he was so nice, but all I could think was, Sandals?  In January?  Really?

Nancy Grace:  perfect name for a gay Pope.

If you want to read more, pick up a copy of the July 25th New Yorker.


***