Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cowboys, Indians and Aliens




This was the opening weekend for the movie, "The Help."  Knowing it would be jammed packed, we opted to see "Cowboys and Aliens."  It turned out to be a good call because "The Help" was sold out for the evening. 

"Cowboys and Aliens" is just big, silly fun.  First, it has the best title since "Snakes on a Plane."  And, like "Snakes," the title says it all.

To me, this is an old fashioned cowboys and Indians movie with the only difference being that the cowboys and Indians (and by that I mean our Native American friends) have to band together to fight the aliens. 

I had a little trouble with so called good guys committing several acts of brutality.

But you can't beat Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford for craggy, tough faces.

Can't believe that it's a Brian Grazer/Ron Howard movie.  To me it's another one of those movies that could have been put together by a group of 13 year old boys.

All in all I liked it.  But did I learn anything?

 No. I already knew that you don't mess with Harrison Ford.


***