Saturday, August 6, 2011

From Chaos to Perfect Order

All's well with Dave and me but we spent our last few weeks in Minnesota in a world of chaos and hard work and arrived in Florida to repeat the process - backwards.  We moved out.  Now we're moving in. 

Oh, and, as usual, Florida itself is in chaos.  So is the entire country.  And the world.  I just hope that my stock portfolio comes back in time to help my kids pay for the big party I hope they have for me after I'm gone. 

And, yes, it's hot here.  It's hot all over the but the Florida heat is unrelenting.  Working in the garage this morning was like being in a vat of steaming lobsters.  My arms are bruised from wrist to elbow.  The slightest scrap causes bleeding due to my age and vast ingestion of blood thinners.  I look kind of like a Methodist stigmata.  
  • But Dave and I are still thankful for, and discussing daily, how well things went in our Minnesota leave taking.
  • We have the blessing of reconnecting with friends and family here. 
  • We're moving along with the condo fix up - we had delightful painters in for two days who did an amazing job.
  • Knowing that folks in Minnesota and Florida are in serious need has made it easy and fun to just give stuff away.
  • We're going to church and Sunday school in the morning - one of my very favorite places in all the world to be.  
This chaos in all of our lives is temporary.  God is all about perfect order.  


***