Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Political Insights

Some political experts where surprised that Michele Bachmann won the Iowa Straw Pol and knocked Tim Pawlenty totally out of the race.  I'm sure that two or three years ago, when they were both in Minnesota, Tim never dreamed that Michele would turn out to be his worst nightmare.

I was surprised at the results of the straw pol as well.  But for this reason:

After attending the Minnesota State Fair last year, I'm aware of what Upper Midwesterners like to eat for fun.  The Iowa caucus takes place on the Iowa State University grounds.  All of the candidates have their own tents and serve free fun food. 

Tim served Famous Dave's Bar-B-Q.  It's wildly popular in Minnesota.  I love it.  Ribs, chicken, beans, corn on the cob, yum, yum.  This is a universal treat.

Michele served corn dogs and meat sundaes.  The sundaes are made with mashed potatoes, chunks of beef and then covered in brown gravy.  With a tomato on top. 

I thought the Bar-B-Q would win hands down.

But, like with so many other political predictions, I was wrong.


***