Saturday, July 30, 2011

Thoughts on Compromise

We're on the road - headed south.  Things are all tied up in Minnesota. 

We've seen some strange driving the last couple of days.  My old friend, Vernon, used to say that the only way to drive safely was Ten-and-Two.  I guess we all could accept a compromise between that and the folks who seem to be driving with their knees while texting.

The most disturbing bumper sticker I saw today was "My Other Auto is a .45."

As  to what's going on in Washington right now, I saw a political cartoon this morning in the Indianapolis Star.  Malia and Sasha, with their math and economic school books under their arms, are presenting their dad with their version of  a debt reduction plan.

I think they could do it and I could do it too.  So could you.  I would, basically, ask every government agency to lower their budgets by 4%.  And do it by cutting waste.  And I'd ask that the Richy Riches (those netting over one million dollars a year) have a tax increase of 3%. 

That would save us 14 trillion dollars.

OK,  I made up that number but I think the plan would work.


***