Saturday, July 23, 2011

Life as a House




The 2002 movie, "Life as a House" is one of my favorite movies of all time and my very favorite Kevin Kline movie. 

 In it the Kline character hates his life.  Then he's diagnosed with terminal cancer on the same day he's fired from his job. 

 This turns out to be the best day of his life.  He decides to build a house with his druggie 16 year old son and in the process he builds a happy life, including reconciliation with his family and friends.  Yes, the house is a metaphor for his life.

I used parts of this powerful movie as a discuss starter several times in my work.

In these waining days before leaving Dave's house in which he's lived his entire adult life, I've thought a lot about the movie.  This house holds happy memories for Dave and his family and friends.  The house was a part of every milestone. I hope the young couple who will move in next week will find a lifetime of happiness in this Life as a House.



***