Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happiness and Joy

Some folks don't know the difference between happiness and joy.  To me, one is on the surface and the other goes deep.

Today I experienced both.

I was in the library here in Minnesota when I got a call from Atlanta telling me that my granddaughter, and name sake, had just been elected by her teachers and fellow classmates as...

The Student Most Likely to be Elected President of the United States!   This news made me HAPPY all over.  OK, yes, she's only five.  But she's already a powerful force of nature - like her mom - and her pop.

This evening I received an e-mail from a close friend.  She's on the last and most powerful chemo the docs can come up with.  So lots of us have been on pins and needles waiting for the latest tests.

The tumors have "decreased in size!"

Tonight I'm filled with JOY.


***