Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who's Your Favorite James Bond?

I've read that almost half the people in the world have seen a James Bond movie. You can't get away from them. They just keep comin'.

The overwhelmingly favorite Bond was, of course, the sophisticated, beautiful and smarthy Sean Connery. There was always a lot of cool dialogue in beautiful settings. He was always in control. I did have problems with Bond. He routinely made love to women and then killed them. But it was all in fun.


I also liked Roger Moore's Bond. He seemed to think the whole thing was a big joke so that made it even more fun.

I saw the first 14 Bond movies.

The last one (before last night) was "Octopussy" in 1983 with Roger Moore. My son told me this morning that that's the last one he saw as well because I took him to see it.

I apologized.

I don't know about all those other Bonds. My guess is that Pierce Brosnan was pretty good because he has some of those Sean Connery attributes.

But who's George Lazenby?

My favorite Bond songs are Shirley Bassey's "Goldfinger" and Carly Simon's "Nobody Does it Better."


Last night my boyfriend took me to the 75 cent theater to see "Quantum of Solace." We both hated it. It had no humanity, no witty dialogue, no humor and no soul. It had lots of special effects, if you're into that sort of thing. I am not.

The great Judi Dench played "M." I can only say,

"Judi, Judi, Judi. What were you thinking?"


***