Saturday, February 7, 2009

Our First Fight

Well, not really. My boyfriend and I are ooey gooey all the time.

However.

We had friends over for dinner last night. I suggested a couple of days before that we have Curried Chicken and Rice with toppings. Twenty years ago I made this fun dish often.

We bought all of the ingredients.

Then, yesterday, he said "Oh no, we forgot the coconut milk."

Coconut milk?

Then he pulled the - "Remember, I was born in Kuala Lumpur and was raised on curried chicken with sambols" - card.

That's what he calls the toppings.

Sambols.

Well, since I learned to make this recipe in Melbourne, Florida in the 80s using a Crock Pot, and, since we had the ingredients for this recipe, this is what we used.

The dinner was a success but today after he and I ate the left overs we Googled "Malaysian Curried Chicken" and decided to change the recipe a bit next time. Maybe even include the coconut milk.

Last night we compromised on the sambols. They were pineapple chunks, peanuts, raisins, mandarin orange slices, boiled egg bits - and coconut.


***