Monday, August 25, 2014

My Right to Bare Arms

Toward the end of May I started doing water aerobics with my older lady friends (and one very secure in his masculinity man) in our condo pool.  Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday you can find us bobbing in the water.

Remember Molly Shannon on Saturday Night Live when she did her "older lady" routine saying:

I can kick and I can stretch and I'm 50!  50 Years Old!

My arm
It's fun but hard work.  I'm really proud of these folks.  We do a complete workout.  Aside from my week at the beach, I haven't missed a day.  Consequently I'm brown as a berry and, as I've told you before, I have fabulous arms.

This is significant because, as you know, I am 75 years old!  

Yesterday in church a couple of people complimented me on my short sleeve blouse.  They didn't say so but I think they were admiring my triceps. I have a friend, a real tough looking guy,  who trains boxers. We were talking and I flexed my arm for him and told him I'm ready for training.  Quick as a wink he said:

What do you want to box?  Apples or bananas?



***