Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Lip Accident

On Monday I went to our close by Dillard's Department Store in the mall to get this Clinique Bonus bag consisting of $70 worth of make up for a purchase of $27.00.

It's a great deal.  One that lasts all of March so go get yours.  Or buy it for a friend.

Please look closely at the item on the far right in this photo.  What does it look like to you?  I did not know that Clinique sold nail polish.  So, since there's no label on the bottle, I assumed it was lip gloss.

So, after applying lipstick, I brushed it on my lips.  Wowie!  It burned like crazy.  Then, of course, I got a little bit in my mouth.  I thought I was feeling woozy.  Oh no, I've poisoned myself and I have to leave soon to teach a class.  What to do?  

I rummaged around in the wastebasket to find the brochure that clearly states that the little bottle contains nail polish.  So, diagnosis confirmed! Then I gargled with mouthwash and scrubbed my lips with soap and water.  Crisis avoided!

You probably think that this is "the sign" that "Cess is losin' it."  But think about this.  I had the good sense not to use my 100% acetone nail polish remover on my lips because that would have removed them.  My lips that is.

And that would have been so embarrassing.


***