Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I'm A Jimmy Carter Fan

Jimmy Carter has written a new book.  I heard him interviewed on NPR this morning.  I have admired President Carter since before he was president.  He's a great humanitarian, statesman, author and carpenter.

But what means the most to me is that, as far as I can tell, we're in the same spiritual camp.  I became fully aware of this in 2006 when I read his book "Our Endangered Values."  In that book he makes his faith journey clear.

The new book "A Call to Action" deals with the mistreatment of women around the world.   Some of this is accomplished by men using bits and pieces of scripture to justify it.

Jimmy Carter knows the Bible as well a just about any other human being.  He's been teaching it weekly for 71 years.  Both old and new testament.

While some of it is contradictory and mysterious, the words of Jesus are clear.  That's where President Carter seeks his truth.  Me to.


***