Saturday, March 22, 2014

Monocles - They're Back

Apparently, the monocle is the new "Hipster Chic." .  In a way it makes sense because the monocle makes us look smart and rich.

On the other hand, it was once popularized by the Nazis so there's the "ick" factor.

But then it never went out of style for some folks like that guy in the Monopoly game or the promo guy for The New Yorker Magazine.

I'm interested because in a week I'll go back to my ophthalmologist  to see if I need prescription glasses.  I doubt it because my eyesight is super. I need drugstore cheaters only to read small print.  After several decades of strong prescription contacts, I still can't believe that simple cataract surgery could make such a dramatic difference.

But a monocle might do the trick.  My friends know how I love to be trendy.  (That's a joke.  Trendy is not aa word that would ever describe me.)

However it would be fun to look hipster chic, smart and rich.


***