Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Colds

Years ago I would get a cold every Christmas.  It makes sense because I was always exhausted and was around hoards of people.  Now I take better care of myself so it doesn't happen so much.

But Dave and I got sick almost two weeks ago, and we're still sick.  He's in Chicago hacking away.  I'm in Atlanta hacking away.  I'm on my second round of antibiotics.  

It's Christmas eve and I'm determined to be in church.  All four of my Atlanta grandchildren are in the service. The five year old will be an angel and will say:

Glory to God in the highest and peace to all people.

On this special Christmas eve, I would like to say this to you as well.

Glory to God in the highest and peace to all people. 

And, if you have a Christmas cold, I want to share the following.  Dave and I saw this sign a couple of weeks ago when we went to the Gaylord Palms Hotel in Orlando to experience "ICE."  This is a tour through a lovely indoor ice village where the temperature is 9 degrees.  It's probably where we got sick.