Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sunday School Pants

As you know, I don't wear dresses or skirts so, naturally, I have several pairs of black pants. But I don't have a perfect pair.

I have a pair that were given to me by my good friends' daughter and every time I wear them I think about that family.  And that's good.

I have a pair that is part of a suit given to me by another close friend when she outgrew it.  By the way, that was a very good thing.  She had lost weight and bought the suit when she's was ill but is now healthy and beautiful again.  So I think about her whenever I wear them and that's good.

Some of my black pants are for summer.  Some are lined and I wear them in winter. 

I have two pairs that are shiny black.  One is part of a tuxedo suit that I wear on cruises and the other pair I wore to get married in in 2009.  So they give me good memories.

But not one pair of my black pants is perfect.  They all have small issues.  Most don't fit just right (like those really small ones,) some have pleats, some have wide legs. 

My friend (who is also one of my Power Rangers, as are the other friends I mentioned above) has a perfect pair of black pants.  She calls them her Sunday School Pants.

Like, sometimes she'll say, "Sorry I'm late, I couldn't find my Sunday school pants."

I'm a bit jealous.  I wish I had a perfect pair of black Sunday school pants.


***