Saturday, February 12, 2011

All You Need is Love

 As you know, I never really caught Beatle Mania.  But just because it wasn't my favorite music in the 60s doesn't mean I don't appreciate the men and their message (and the fact that they changed the face of music.)

Today Dave and I saw Yoko Ono's traveling show, "All You Need Is Love" - The Artwork of John Lennon.

It was on Park Avenue in a great space that used to house a Scandinavian furniture store.  I'm looking right now at a favorite piece of furniture I bought there.

Anyway, we had a pleasant half an hour looking at John's whimsical drawings. 

I was reminded of the peace sit ins, John and Yoko's bed ins, and John's different way of looking at things.

This drawing is called "Dream Power."

The show will be there until tomorrow evening.  It's free! But they're asking for a two dollar donation that will go to the Orlando Union Rescue Mission, one of my favorite places.

Thanks Yoko.

***